Return to the home page...

Go Back   Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Community - Home of the Afourians > Discussion Topics > General Maintenance

#1   IP: 24.145.95.201
Old 04-14-2017, 08:01 PM
MMI Webmaster

Nice Gesture from West Marine

I stopped by the West Marine store in Rock Hall today to pick up a can of the Petit Prop Coat Barnacle Barrier aerosol paint. Before I could leave, the sales guy snapped up the aerosol can and stuck it in their paint shaker for a minute or two. "You'll never break up those solids which have settled in the bottom of the can," he said. When he returned it to me, the difference was obvious when I manually shook it. Never seen anybody do this with an aerosol before...

This store (and Rock Hall in general) is one of those places where, once you've been there a couple of times, they're likely to know your name. Like Miss Kathleen at Ford's for example. One of my favorite waitresses. Then again, I've been there more than a couple of times.

Bill
Mo (04-14-2017)
  #2   IP: 24.224.194.51
Old 04-14-2017, 08:19 PM
Afourian MVP

Indeed.

Same around here. http://www.fiberglassmarinesupply.com/

I've known the owner 25 years, she's from Newfoundland, I knew her cousin who's family owned the marine supply store she worked for prior to her starting her own. She was just a young girl. When they closed the NS store she applied to other marine outfits for jobs and they all took her resume with not even an interview. I would rank her place NO 1 in Eastern Canada for FG, epoxies, carbon fibre etc right now. She also carries everything from anodes, lifejackets, survival suits, paints etc.

I've never paid retail for anything there but we go way back...don't even have to ask for a break. Last year I said to her "Sandie, I bet some of those outfits are now wishing they'd hired you. She winked at me and said something I can't repeat but I laughed.

You come through the door, she knows you, and if she doesn't have it she'll have a supplier that will get it at a real good price.

"Odyssey"
1976 C&C 30 MKI

The pessimist complains about the wind.
The optimist expects it to change.
The realist adjusts the sails.
...Sir William Arthur Ward.
  #3   IP: 73.86.201.230
Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 AM

Joe at the West Marine in Canton/Baltimore is the same way. Just like Cheers, everybody knows your name. Most friendly and helpful guy around.
1973 Tartan 30 #186
Baltimore, MD